Well, my About This Site page gives you a pretty good idea of what my blog is about, but what about the person behind it?
As you will find out when reading through the various topics covered on my site, I have more than my fair share of experiences, good and bad! But I wanted this About page to be more light-hearted and include some things you may not have guessed about me. So here’s 15 things about me!
- I studied Law and wanted to be a solicitor. It didn’t work out. But as with everything, there is a reason for that. I was meant for other things 😉
- I am actually German, although I have lived in England since I was 7 years old.
- I dream of emigrating to a hot country. I love the changing seasons but every year I feel the lack of sun draining me like a battery. My shine needs charging up!
- This year (2015) is the year of the big 3-0. But this doesn’t scare me half as much as turning 25 did!
- I am also getting married in July (5 days before I leave my 20s behind)
- And then we go travelling for 3 months…
- I don’t really like people. I dream of living in the middle of nowhere on a lake surrounded by nature and trees.
- Change makes me anxious…
- But not half as much as staying still does!
- I wear my heart on my sleeve and get hurt often…but I wouldn’t have it any other way as its how I’ve met some of the most amazing people in my life.
- My worst quality is that I sometimes react defensively when I feel hurt or criticised.
- My best quality is that I admit when I’m wrong and to my faults (obviously…)
- In my opinion the worst quality in someone is lying – we all make mistakes; only cowards have to lie.
- The best quality is loyalty. Something I’ve learned is very hard to find!
And last but certainly not least….(drumroll please)
I am more excited about having kittens than I am about having children. I’d like both, but when my fiancé talks about getting me a kitten, I make this really high pitched screech of excitement that can only be heard by dogs, ironically. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t imagine my life without having a family someday. But I just really love cats…maybe it’s because I haven’t experienced the amazing journey of parenthood yet.
I promise it’s not as bad as this